It’s been quite a while since I last wrote in this blog however I assure you that I am still alive and working. In fact my scattered little brain is going back and forth between working on several projects and conjuring up new ideas that I am starting to tire myself out. My poor brain never wants to rest!! I have a new ball jointed doll that I finally completed all the body parts for, minus the face and I have an idea brewing that I think is gonna be really interesting….that is if it comes out how I am envisioning it. That is always the challenging part!
As usual, working on my ball jointed dolls tend to take up lots of my time. It is such a long tedious process that I decided to begin experimenting with other methods so that I can give my poor hands a break as well as give myself some variety. I love making ball jointed dolls however the body sculpting part tends to be rather redundant and as I may have already mentioned a million times I tend to get bored easy. Hand sculpting my 5th ball jointed doll really made me come to the realization that I should really considers casting them. I thought about resin however I have heard the fumes are pretty strong and being the health conscious paranoid girl that I am has made me stray away from using it. I am saving up for a ceramic kiln so that in the future I can make them in porcelain. Sadly, it may be some time before I am able to afford it 😦 ……but it WILL happen….one day.
I decided to take a break from polymer clay and more towards Premier Stone Clay for a bit and I have to admit I am LOVING it. I hope this doesn’t sound strange but I somehow find it very relaxing and therapeutic to sand my sculpts.This stuff sands like a dream !!! So far what I have it pretty rough and needs a great deal of work but I guess I can show it anyway. I usually despise showing works in progress when they are this rough so don’t judge it too harshly. It is still in the beginning stage.
I also have another doll that I am working on however I will post pone showing her until she is a bit more completed. Her face still needs a bit of work before she makes her debut.
Oh and I also have two new ideas I have built the armature for but so far I don’t have anything to show just yet. In the meantime here is a sketch for a bust that I will be working on. I will post images soon.